Monday, December 22, 2003

"Oh, c'est fou! oh, oh"

My powers of persuasion win again.

Gifts from my grandmother came the other day and after a short stream of off the wall logic, my brother and I were allowed to open them early. I’ve got to say, gifts from the grandparents have gotten much, much better over the years. It could be that I’ve just grown into my artist grandmother’s tastes, but I do distinctly remember lime green and purple polka doted sweaters, and large floral blue china rabbits. This year, I got sexy black boots. Perfect fit, square toe, calf height, high heels, black leather, yummy, wonderful boots.


Saw Lord of the Rings a few days ago-- yeah, yeah, live journal is somewhat more like a slightly delayed journal. It was nice but quite exhausting. Up’s and downs and tears and laughs and back and fourth and running and crawling. By the end of the movie I just wanted to hug everyone and take a nap.

We went to see the movie at a little theater in a nearby town. When Gandalf smacked the steward guy, people laughed, when Frodo was stuck in the spider web people gasped, and when the ring was destroyed people cheered. It was a nice atmosphere, with two exceptions.

The young man and the young woman sitting behind me.

Now I don’t care if people talk a little during the flick, I don‘t care if they’re coming and going, and I don’t care if they’re making out, but this couple behind me was slowly causing my blood pressure to rise.

The man thought out loud though the entire movie while his girl chided him in a loud, high pitched voice.
“Shut up!”
“Is that guy Gollum? I guess he is.”
“Be quiet!”
“He sounds like him. He has stupid hair. How did he find the ring?”
“Who cares?”
“When does he find it? Why are they in that boat? Do they eat fish? They don’t really look like hobbits. Who is that guy playing him, it doesn’t look like him. Look, that guy, I think he’s gonna kill him. Yes, it’s Gollum. Yeah! That’s stupid. Why are they even showing them in a boat?”

Okay, take a deep breath. Then they started with the criticism, the insults, and the sarcastic mimicking.

I should’a gone all BC Kayt on their asses.


Got my Firefly: A Special Feature DVD today. It’s interesting. I have my own little opinions, views and thoughts on every little thing, and while I get to hear other people’s opinions on FFF.net and at #firefly, I’ve not had a chance to hear someone talk for three hours without getting interrupted. Like I said, interesting.

And todays fun link is...
The victorian sex cry generator!

No comments: