Sunday, January 15, 2006

Mirror Reflection

There is a possibility that my hibernation is near it’s end. Ohio and Kayt-land both experienced one warm afternoon a few days ago and that seems to have woken up my inner blogger.

I’m don’t quite remember how this works, but as I do (or would like to begging doing) I’d like to start off with a picture.

This is Toshi.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Toshi, say hi to the internet.

Toshi was given to me on December 16th by the woman who supplies all of the Beta fish that Petland stores sell. She was staying at my hotel and gave me Toshi as a “thank you” for helping her with her airline ticket. She handed Toshi and told me to keep him warm and feed him food.

He’s a Siamese fighting fish-- a crown tailed. He fights with himself and flares his fins when I stare at him too long. His name is Japanese (it‘s not quite Siamese, but Asian enough) and it means “mirror reflection”. I love him and am trying really, really hard to remember to feed him. So far, still alive.

No comments: