Sunday, February 8, 2009

Yummy mini gooey

I've had the last three days off of work to make up for last week when my boss was sick and I covered all of her hours. Two days off is hard work. Three is about to kill me. I have done an absurd amount of cooking to keep me busy lately. The ham and potato soup was good-- there was lots of chopping involved so it took up a bit of time. Then there were stuffed shells, steaks, brownies, made-from-scratch bread, dinner rolls, and now cinnamon rolls. I shudder to think of all of the butter I've gone through.

While this could potentially be a made from scratch type of recipe, I don't have a bread maker and, thanks to my last few cooking adventures, have learned to hate kneading. And then lastly, mom recently showed me how to make a long list of yummy pastries with crescent rolls.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cinnamon/sugar mix. For the first batch I made WAY too much.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I couldn't help myself.

Photobucket
I didn't even make it to a table. Just stood there and ate it over the oven.

Photobucket
Yum.


Cinnamon rolls- revised from a recipe from allrecipes.com


Ingredients:
1 package of ready made crescent rolls

1 1/4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter

3 tablespoons cream cheese (1/2 3oz package)
2 tablespoons softened butter
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
a pinch of salt


Directions:
-Pre-heat oven to 350.
-Unroll the package of crescent rolls flat and pinch the seams together to make one large rectangular sheet of dough that is wider than it is long.
-In a small bowl mix white sugar and cinnamon.
-Spread 2 1/2 tablespoons (approx) of melted butter over the dough and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Roll dough towards yourself and cut into approximately 12 rolls. Place rolls into a lightly greased muffin pan.
-Bake rolls until golden brown according to package directions- generally about 15 minutes.
-While rolls are baking beat together cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.

No comments: