Thursday, June 24, 2004

00?

Yesterday was a fun day at work. We had the governor come in to the hotel to meet with bunch of executives from another country. It’s was all quite hush-hush. I got to put my little spy hat and take the oath swearing that when the media calls or comes in I know ‘nothing’. I even got a walky-talky. And there were all these men in suits with those phone thingies in their ears and guarding all the doors and saying things like “the plane just touched down, he’ll be here in 15”. To this I leaned over to my boss and whispered in his ear, “I don’t think the governor of Ohio has been to Ohio before because shouldn’t he know that it takes at least an hour to get to the Columbus Airport?” To this I got an elbow in the ribs and the stupid little girl look and a little explanation of how he was flying right into our small little town. Oh… d’oh. All in all it was amusing because everyone who knew was paranoid and tapping their feet nervously and all the other guests in the hotel were totally oblivious and running around to the pool barefoot and munching on cheese snacks.

No comments: