Monday, April 14, 2008

Flipping stamps

I've been crazy lately with switching back and forth between crafts. I can't seem to start one thing and keep with it. Last night, one little click lead to another and I found myself looking up artists on etsy who are making custom rubber stamps. The first thing that always pops in my head whenever I see something I like-- "Oh, I can make that". So, off I run to the store to gather supplies, run home, pop in some Home Movies, and get to work. It only took about 15 minutes before all I could chant in my head was, "Oh, I. can't. make. ANYTHING".
It's much harder than I remember it was in high school (I realize now it was because we only made one stamp and we had about two weeks to work on it and it was huge and devoid of detail). I made a few different little stamps but didn't realize until I was through about three stamps that lettering would need to be in reverse to show up properly. Duh. Re-do.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm having tons of fun with it, but they are all pretty sloppy and detail is hard. To practice, I'm going to continue making millions of little "throw your own head" logo's. I'd love to have a cute one for the etsy shop.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a cool stamp.