Friday, April 11, 2008

I am a felter!

So it's official-- I love felting. It's in both ways harder and easier than I thought it would be. It's harder to make things look the way I want and to blend colors, but it's much easier to just get started and get the wool to felt into something solid. The first thing I made was a little green and orange pin that I have up in TYOH.

Photobucket

The second thing is below:

Photobucket

It's a skinny pink hippo. Or a dog or a cow. It kinda looks like all three. It's pretty sad so far. I'm going to keep working at it, though. I have high hopes of making something like violetpi's
super cute tiny mice and bears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh, i love that pink hippo.
i just found your site and read every bit of it. awesome. now you are on my favorites