Monday, May 5, 2008

The world sure looks warm through my sunglasses

Photobucket

The other day Geoff and I drove to a park in Mansfield to see the newly blooming flowers. We're such park-rats. We go to a different park almost every weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The other day was gorgeous but cold! We both had sweaters on but were shivering the whole time. We did manage a five minute power walk to the greenhouse, though. Their succulent room is AMAZING.


Photobucket

I just wandered around taking pictures of plants that are similar to the ones I own, except of course, theirs are in much better health. It's almost like what my garden would look like on steroids.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While we at the greenhouse Geoff bought me a new echeveria. It's spectacular! Three big leafy heads and one long winding stalk with beautiful yellow flowers all over.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And as a welcome home to my new addition, I've installed 2 fluorescent plant lights as per the advice of the internet. Please, everyone lift your glasses with well wishes that my plants start to live again. (See the scraggly one in the back held up with the Max & Erma's cup? It's like a zombie plant, it just keeps coming back from the dead).

Photobucket


And lastly, because it was just too weird not to share, check out the crazy storm clouds we had last night.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Brett Love said...

KAYT!

Lauren said...

SPARK!

Brett Love said...

:D I love the new site. Looking forward to more.

Anonymous said...

i love the pictures of your park trip. i enjoy the close ups expecially. bonni