Saturday, July 12, 2008

Eh Gawd I Can't Stop

Photobucket

Goodbye sweet wedding dress.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Hubby and I planned our elopement in less than a week--very little time to hunt down a wedding dress. The one I fell in love with, conveniently happened to be a $16 summer dress from Forever 21. I wore it to the wedding, rolled in the grass afterwards for wedding pictures, threw a tank top on over it to our after-wedding-dinner, wore it to a cousins graduation, out grocery shopping, park walking... and today, I've chopped it in half. The top part of this darling dress always required a more-complicated-than-I'm-interested-in type of bra work. So, I've loped off the top bit and made a skirt.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

It's reversible between wedding-dress-white and some pretty blue knit I had in my material box. Besides the wrinkles and the loose threads I still need to tighten up the waist band so the dress doesn't become an ankle bracelet and figure out how to make the double layers look more purposeful and less like a wayward slip is inching down. Though, trying to figure out how to make finished edges and a seamless waist band on a reversible skirt gave me an awful headache, so I'm not sure that I want to work on this any more.

Photobucket

I also made some pomegranate-purple shorts and tried my had at an aqua dress. The dress came out so meh, I'm not quite willing to photograph it yet. Hopefully I'll have this sewing bug out of my system soon. Since I don't have a dedicated sewing room, my sewing machine has taken over the dining room table and my cutting/measuring/re-cutting area has taken over half of the living room. Pretty soon we'll be engulfed in scraps and pins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't give up! you can always revisit the skirt later. i love the shorts. i love the pic's the most.