Monday, July 21, 2008

There is a squishy wooden ball on my drive home...

And it confuses me.

Photobucket

Really-- who builds a 12 foot tall bendy wooden ball? It was bizarre watching this guy slowly roll it around the yard. Then, about a week later, on my drive home I see that it's partially filled up with plastic milk jugs. It's a blurry, unsafe, taken-while-driving type of picture but... I just don't get it. Now the squishy wooden ball is somewhat deflated and depressed looking. Like that lumpy rock from the zoloft commercial.

Photobucket Photobucket

For sunnier news, this weekend we went to my folks place for a bit of a pool party.

Hubby and I were in charge of filling the pool. It took a minute to figure out the hose situation-- twist this, turn that. Finally, I feel the hose start to shake, and in the same breath that I said "oh, I don't want to spray myself in the face", I point the hose in a different direction and spray my father directly in the face as he is standing next to me. Priceless.

Photobucket

The air was sizzling and the water was icy.

Photobucket

Standing was good. The few brave men that sat in the pool, kind of froze their tushes, but it beat the heat. And it was great fun watching them shiver and splash each other.

Photobucket

I just dipped my toes.

No comments: