Monday, August 4, 2008

Tank Top Part 2

The first tank top attempt was a little blah. I'm not a huge fan of big, billowy tops so I'll never actually wear it. But, extend the pattern a foot and a half, add a tie in the back, and I've got a summer dress. Like everything else, it's only half done. There are some poofy issues in the back (excuse the black bra) that need some googling to figure out. The ties in the back are only pinned on and there is no hem but given one more impatient burst of craftiness, it will be done. Hopefully in time for next summer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

August is the busiest time of year for my hotel. It's like all other 11 months get crammed into this one. My GM likes to say "every day in August is balls-to-the-walls". It's a constant sprint, all day, every day and a mental brain-melt. And for that reason I cannot understand why in the little bit of free time I have this month, I can't stop spending it making little dresses and tank tops and stationary. You'd think I would just sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome photo. she looks so great in that dress. finish it.