Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Someone supply me with a topic on race! Somthing that would be appropriate to publish in a magazine.

...please.

I’m in the computer lab right now desperately trying to think of some wonderful topic about race to write my final essay on. It’s due in a few hours and if I don’t get it in I’m simply fucked. It’s snowing very prettily outside and from my place near the window I can watch it swirl around a little grassy area. There’s a big fat old crow or raven bird walking in that little grassy area. He won’t fly and seems to have a patch of white on one wing. Hun, I looked away to type that one sentence and now he’s gone. Quick old bird.

My second fencing class was yesterday. It consisted of warm ups that were life threatening then actual epée bouts! The Russian coaches plugged me up to the electronic scoring do-hickey, put a blade in my hand and told me to go at it. And I did. And I beat some of the guys! It was great fun. I didn’t expect to land any hits since I’m so very out of shape and my technique has practically rusted away, but I did. When you get a chance to fence in a bout with another fencer and try new things and get hit and hit them back you kinda forget how your muscles are burning and throbbing. But it’s a new day and I remember now. Ow. My bootie hurts.

No comments: