Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A tiny itty bitty little innocent break from math.

All the cool kids are doing it so I feel like I need jump off the bridge with the rest of them.

Initially from Spark/Sarah/Pop/LA:

How many books a year do you read?
Not counting school text books, about 20+, including a few re-reads.

What’s the last book you bought?
I actually snagged a few at a time. First was The Bonesetter’s Daughter by Amy Tan, next Tathea by Anne Perry, then A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Byrson. And two new blank books simply because I have an obsession and somewhat of a sexual desire for them.

What’s the last book you read?
I just finished Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand last night (don‘t ask why I was reading it) and then started working on the last few pages of The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay.

List 5 books that matter a lot to you or that you particularly enjoyed.
One, Two, Three… Infinity: Facts and Speculations of Science, by George Gamow.
The Clan of the Cave Bear Earth’s Children’s Series by Jean M. Auel.
Ella Enchanted by Gail Levine (loved it as a kid then they made a STUPID movie).
The Decent of Woman: A classic Study of Evolution by Elaine Morgan.
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

Who are you going to forward this (3 blogs) and why?
No forwarding. Sorry.

P.s. LA, I finished that secrete life of bee’s thingy too. My Aunt is always sending me odd books. How’d you like it?


Now, back to studying for my math final. Only 8 hours left! Blarg.

No comments: