Sunday, May 8, 2005

Babies everywhere!

Lord, I feel like shit. I’d really like to go on and on about how absol-fucking-utely horrible I feel. I’d love to whine about how I can’t stay awake, how my head feels like it’s filled with some kind of sticky burning substance, how my stomach has been in painful knots for the last 20 hours or so, and how everything else just makes me want to cry (except that would make it all hurt worse), but that’s just kinda depressing and I don’t have the time or strength to type it all…. ‘cause even my fingers hurt.

So, instead I’ll talk a little bit about babies!

Today I met a man at work, (shut up and wait, this will lead onto baby talk) and we’ll call him Joe because I never caught his name. He was a fairly muscular man with long dark hair, big dark eyes, a full beard and a mustache, and had the whole Indiana-Jones-hiking-boots-with-socks look. He was very handsome…and he was also kind of a grandpa. But he looked very pleasing and calm and nice and had a baby in his arms that he offered to let me hold. Anyone that lets me hold a pretty little five-month-old baby girl named Kiylee is all right in my book. He also had the biggest grin I’ve ever seen. So, while I do feel all shitty today, a grinning baby holding Grandpa “Joe” made things seems a little more… un-shitty. Thank you anonymous Grandpa “Joe.”

But now the baby is gone and I’m alone again and feeling like shit. I think I need to treat myself a little bit like a baby and go take a nap. As soon as Vicki gets into work to take over I’m grabbing a pillow and blanket and passing out under the boss’s desk for a few hours.

No comments: