Saturday, February 4, 2006

*Squee!*

Well, I’m almost an official grownup. My pretty little hotel sent me out of town on business! I left Wednesday night and drove to Indianapolis to stay the night at the Historic Union Station Crowne Plaza.

Image hosting by Photobucket

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hpt/INDDT/2/pt?ptLink=hd

*Squee!* Thursday I had an e-commerce training session to learn how to better optimize our website and to better our position on search engines. Not like any of it was anything I couldn’t figure out on my own or ask Spark about. But they paid for meals and 36 cents a mile, so it was worth it.

In spite dealing with the tail end of a cold, the trip went by with few catastrophes. It took driving around the block 6 times before I could find the hotel, but that’s not so bad considering the sideways sleeting rain that interfered with my internal compass. Thursday I woke up with an hour and a half to get ready but still had to run to get to the meeting on time because for some reason, one of my pant legs was hemmed up to a nice appropriate length and the other was dragging on the ground. I fixed that with some last minute safety-pinning.

The meeting went by smoothly but was not overtly friendly. I cannot help, even with a mask of makeup, but look like I’m 15 years old. And my attempt at “conservative dress”, gray dress pants, black high-heeled boots and a white button-up, made me look like a waitress. Not even the way-pushed-up cleavage could help. In this meeting we had about 8 Property Managers, and about 8 Marketing and Sales Managers, and then me… the front desk girl. Thank God I managed to not suck my thumb.

After those joyous 9 hours of fun, it was back home… in the rain again.

And I switched the design around again because the last one had shitty text formatting.

No comments: