Sunday, May 23, 2004

I finally have a serious relationship with a guy and all we do is hug toilets.

Do you believe in karma? Do you believe that there’s a kind of balance in the universe?

I surely didn’t until this weekend.

For anyone who reads my LJ you’ll remember that just about a week or two ago I went out on a date with my boy, Geoff, and got all icky and sick and urpy and I was just not a pretty sight. Well, what comes around goes around.

Geoff came over Friday and ate fake Taiwanese/ Chinese/ American food with my family and hung out with me until the wee hours of the night, then spent the rest of the evening sleeping on my couch. The next morning we hung out, had some nasty McDonalds, and did the weeks grocery shopping for my family. And just as the Evil Shake and Steak did to me, Kroger did to Geoff…

he got sick.

So I took him back home and put him to bed. Then I went to work from 4 to 8 and when I got back things had just gone downhill. One cool wash cloth, a throw up bucket, and a few glasses of ginger ale later it was decided that he’s just not all that fit to drive home. He had been sleeping in my bed, but for the night my parents decided it would be best for him to again be on the couch.

The downstairs couch.

Full grown man with vertigo + tiny little wooden steps = a fall on your ass waiting to happen.

It took us a full ten minutes to get downstairs and for most the way we scooted on our butts because walking on two legs was just too dangerous. Before bed we wanted to try and get something in his belly… so chicken soup it is. Then urp. Then gag. Then chicken soup it was.

Finally managed to get the boy to bed around 3a.m., sacked out myself only to wake up at 6a.m. for work. I wish I could say “needless to say” but I can’t, because I’m gonna say it anyway. I was late for work. This would probably make more of an impact if I had written about being four hours late for work a few days before this. Hummm…. I’m so bad.

When I got back from work today Geoff was feeling much better sans the gigantic pulsing headache. Okay, but that’s workable. Except for the fact that he then wanted to go with me to my little brother’s band concert. Bum bum bum bum bam bam! Minutes later the poor boy found himself in a small little echoing auditorium listening to a mediocre high school band play “authentic“ Native American music… but with trumpets saxophones, and a steel drum.

It's so wrong.

And for more wrongness I offer Naughty Food Items!http://www.cockeyed.com/naughty/naughty2.html

No comments: