Monday, June 6, 2005

Traffic 101

I had it all planned out. My exam was at 11:30 this morning. It takes me a solid hour to get to class. I’d leave at ten and have that extra half hour to study at school with Geoff right before walking in to take my final. But…


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10:02am: I left my house. Down high street, down main street, onto route 61.


10:07am: I realize I forgot my cell phone at home. Damn it.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10:11am: Traffic stopped.


Well, I figure something’s gone on, but we’ll be moving again in just a few.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10:20am: My car still hadn’t moved an inch and my left arm was starting to get sun burned. I drank my old Pepsi and warm bottled water in less than a minute.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10:22am: Thoroughly bored. The cops weren’t letting any cars through and they weren’t letting anyone turn around.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10:25am: With nothing left to do I tried to study while I broiling myself in the sun. Not recommended.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10:26am: Whoo! Astronomy is just as much (scarcastic) fun in the 97 degree heat as it is in an air conditioned room!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10:30am: After my skin turned a few shades of red I moved to the passengers side to the car to relax and study some more.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10:37am: It first hits me that I might be late to my final exam. I take the most depressing picture I can manage while still being trapped inside my car.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10:45am: I lost my mind at 10:45.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
With what little conscious I had left I tried amusing myself by taking pictures of my car mirrors.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
10:50am: Traffic started moving again but my mind was still so far gone that I couldn’t stop taking pictures of my car’s mirrors.

Somehow I made it to Stillman Hall today in forty minutes. I had no idea how the hell that was possible.

Back to the grind-- now I'm back to studying for Art History. Wish me luck! And please kiddies, stay away from the astronomy.

No comments: