Monday, February 16, 2004

Ah hell. Let me be cliché, when it rains, it pours.

This week has to go down in Kayt history as… the… really not fun week.

I’m really busy so I’ll skip the good stuff and school stuff and the little bads and go to the crappy part. Chloe is in the emergency room. She fell Saturday and busted up her lip, teeth, nose, and arm and has been talking really slowly and walking like she’s drunk these past few weeks. It makes me feel sick. On top of feeling scared for Chloe it freaks me out because this is just how it started when Nana got brain cancer. She sounded like she was drunk. Talked slowed, swayed when she walked. The last day she was pretty much normal I stayed with her. The doctors said she wasn’t supposed to be alone. We sat alone at my Aunt’s house all afternoon. She make dinner, spaghetti I think, and we watched art history programs and shows with that tattoo guy from star trek playing a cow boy. She was having a really hard time talking then. I remember as she spoke she used hand gestures… the right side of her body seemed slower than the other. For lunch we ate bagels. She had hers dry. I thought it was odd, but she said that was how she wanted it. Later that evening I got a call, she was in the emergency room. She had been left alone. She ate another bagel and choked because the right side of her body was becoming paralyzed because of the brain tumor that they didn’t know about at the time. I’m just so scared that’s what might happen to Chloe. She’s already had an aneurysm. She’s missing a big chuck of her brain, and her ability to remember anything new because of the aneurysm. She’s a diabetic. She’s seventy something. Oh, and on top of that John, her husband, the eighty something year old Hungarian man spent Saturday wielding without the ventilation on so he inhaled all that crap and couldn’t breathe and his circulation went all to hell and he was all icy last night. Damn people, you couldn’t wait till I turned in my sociology and English papers, hun?

And argity, arg, arg, my computer is broken. The screen part of my lap top doesn't stay upright without a support because I broke the hinge. Grrrrr...

In an attempt to end on a happy note, Jake waltzed with me in the kitchen today and made my mom incredibly happy.

And lastly, lastly, I just gotta post this. She'd kill me. Heh. Chloe's angry face.
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Kaythryn/chloe.jpg

No comments: