Monday, April 5, 2004

I got a haircut today. It’s the shortest it’s been in years. Probably the shortest I’ve had it since sixth grade. It’s also my brother’s first haircut. Not that his hair was cut for the first time, but it’s the first time he cut my hair.

You know those plans you get? Those complex plans that can’t fail? Well damn, they do fail.

Now I wanted a hair cut today, but nothing is open on Sunday, so what to do? What to do? I asked my mum, she‘s cut my hair many times before in a pinch and does a pretty good job. No go. She insiss that I drive to Columbus and get a proper hair cut. Well I’m just too impatient for that.

So starts the plan that cannot fail.

The last time a hair cut plan went into action my dad just started to cut my hair with some zigzagged craft sizzors after having a few vodcka shots, and that prompted my mother to jump in and do it right herself. So, being the logical ones that my brother and I am, we figured if he, being the awkward 14 year old boy he is, started hacking at my hair my mum would jump in and work her magic. Sounds like it’d work…. right? Well think again. My brother starts cutting, keeps cutting, mum looks away. More hair falls to the floor and my mum just keeps working on making dinner. There comes a point where Jake stops and mutters “whoops”. Does my mum jump in to save my head of hair? Nope. She shakes her head and denies me help. In the end I lost about four or five inches of hair, but it looks even to me. I think he did a pretty good job. It’s all one length, but I thought layers might have been a little too advanced for his first try. Maybe next time.

No comments: