Friday, April 2, 2004

I have tummy butterflies. Gross.

Life can just be really odd sometimes. I want to say ironic but I don’t think that’s quite the word I’m looking for.

Just a few minutes ago I got a phone call from business offering me a job, and yesterday, I got one another one. What the hell? Why did these nice, close to school, few hours, more money, no thinking type jobs wait until I got another job to offer me one of their own? There were four years of no job offers and then they all wait to call me the week I start at the Holiday Inn? It’s just not fair.

Countdown: thirty minutes till work. Then 8 fun hours of standing around pretending I know how to do all the things I wrote about in my resume. My ubersexy blue work shirt is an XXL in men’s. Now I’m not a twig by any stretch, but the three janitors and I could work comfortably in this shirt. And now I have cat hair all over my fancible navy pants. Is calling in sick on the first day bad? Aw boo.

No comments: