Monday, April 18, 2005

So screw you, bitchy-toilet-woman!

I got flowers yesterday! A guest at the hotel gave me two dozen long stemmed yellow roses in a pretty glass vase.

It sounds very sweet but in reality it all started with a plugged up toilet.

The other (other other) day two older ladies came down to the front desk complaining that the toilet in their rooms wouldn’t flush. As cheerily and helpful sounding as I can be when talking about toilets I told them that I’d get someone to take care of it right away. They left the hotel to do some shopping and I told housekeeping about the situation. The housekeeper said she’d take care of it. Now, a few hours later the two ladies came back to the hotel, went up to their room and found that while the room had been cleaned, the toilet had not been fixed. Whoops. So they came back downstairs and yelled at me about it. I put on my apologetic face and chanted “I’m so sorry” until it becomes something of a tongue twister and it started sounding like “Mmmm saa-sausy.” They rushed off in a huff and I went and fixed it for sure.

Then yesterday the two ladies were due to checkout. I sat behind the desk and watched them go back and forth from their room to their car as they packed up. On one of their final runs they stopped by the desk to check out and pay for the room. Again, “blah, blah, blah, toilet wasn’t fixed. Blah, blah, blah. Such bad service. Blah, blah, blah. Just wasn’t right. Blah, blah, blah. Should have been taken care of. Blah, blah, blah.” etc, etc. I got a chance to say a few more “Mmmm saa-sausy”’s and then they went back up to their room to gather their last few belongings. As they were walking out the door their final time the older of the two ladies walked past me (glaring at me) while carrying a vase of almost dead roses. Right before she dumped them into the trash can she stopped, walked back to me, and with a perfectly bitchy smile said, “oh, these are for you for all of your help”. Ha!

I graciously accepted the wilted and crunchy roses and spent the next few hours nursing them back to health. I picked off the dead bits, cut them down and added water. Yeah, the bitchy women didn’t think to add water to their flowers. Idiots. So, despite the fact that they were given to me by an evil woman trying to be mean, I’d made them uber pretty. So screw you, bitchy-toilet-woman! Screw you!

No comments: