Saturday, March 27, 2004

And, for more of my spam.

It seems our friendly Nigerian e-mail scammers now have Asian copycats.

“I am Mr.Wang Qin, credit officer of Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have an urgent and very confidential business proposition for you….This sum of US$28,000,000.00 is still sitting in my Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year…Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to Mr. Pavel Kepak so that the fruits of this old man's labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt government officials.”

Yeah, ‘cause everyone wants tons of money to go into the hands of some 19 year old American girl instead of their own country. What really kills me is their grammar and punctuation. If you want me to believe that you’re really a credit officer, then capitalize your damn sentences.

No comments: