Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Boo.

I am now officially employed. Goodbye life, hello sleep depravation.

I would have written all about the interview and everything else that led up to this but… well, I just didn’t. To sum it up, I got dressed up all oldladyish and kissed ass.

Imaginary person--“What for?”

Imaginary me-- “For a desk job at the Holiday Inn.”

If you could see me now, I’m shaking my head in that “why oh why?” kind of way. The pay isn’t good, the hours are long, but the other employees are nice and hug me. I’m scared. I don’t want a real job. My job at delta wasn’t really real. Everyone who worked there were like uncles and grandfathers to me or were my parents. I didn’t do real work. I clean and put things in alphabetical or numerical order. And I have a phobia about answering the phone at a business. Why, oh why did I apply for a job to answer phones? And I also have to wear an ugly blue shirt. Boo. But I get a sexy nametag. Yay. Friday’s shift ends at 11p.m. and Saturday’s shift starts at 7a.m. Boo. But I think I get money for working...yay.

No comments: