Saturday, March 13, 2004

I have kryptonite sitting on my bed.

The other day, as I finished off my second piece of chocolate cheesecake for breakfast, I figured I should probably start eating real food, possibly even healthy food. So I did. Sounds smart, right? Somehow it’s not ‘cause as soon as I started eating “good” food, I got sick. Blah. I need some cookies and a jar of olives, maybe then my allergies will go away.


When I was a kid I used to go on bike rides a lot with my family. Mostly we just rode up behind the doctors office, or HPM to the railroad tracks. Then we’d walk the tracks, play baseball with sticks, and sit down and look through all the rocks and junk. I don’t know what’s special about the tracks, but the stuff there was awesome. All kinds of fossils and crystals and bugs and rusted iron train parts and terracotta bits from an old pottery shop that exploded years ago. With our pockets and bike baskets full we’d ride home and clean up the things we’d found and come up with all kinds of wonderful explanations for what each thing was.

“These are bullets from a train robbery back a thousand years ago.”
“This is a fossil of dinosaur poop.”

We don’t go up there much anymore, but my dad still brings home fossils he finds at work. Yesterday he brought home this weird blue… thing. I put up some pictures here.

If you know what it is, tell me, because I can’t figure it out.

No comments: